-noun, -s, One who travels with the intrepid ethos of a backpacker but having added comfort, style and technology whilst still maintaining a sense of exploration and adventure.
We are located conveniently at the Southern end of the Timber Trail which means you can leave your car with us and get shuttled to the start of the trail with one of the offical Timber Trail Shuttle providers. After you finish your two days on the trail you can shower at our place before you go, or opt to stay another night and enjoy more attractions in the area.
We are your one-stop-shop for tailormade cycling packages:
- Right on the Timber Trail
- Elegant accommodation for small, self-catering groups
- 3 double/twin rooms – sleeps 6
- Full ride services including shuttles
- Hot tub to sooth aching muscles
- Meals by prior arrangement
Flashpackers in Ongarue is the creation of Rem Rensen. “Flashpacking” is an increasingly common term used to describe backpackers who upscale themselves with their travels and experiences. Rem provides a quality experience for visitors to the Timber Trail, you can visit TripAdvisor to read about the Flashpacker feedback from other users.
Our accommodation is at Ongarue, the southern end of the Timber Trail. It consists of 3 bedrooms. 2 of the bedrooms have a queen-sized bed, and 1 bedroom has 2 king singles.
In addition, our facilities and services include:
- Linen and towels provided.
- Full bathroom facilities, with shower and toilet.
- Outside shower and toilet for muddy cyclists.
- Well-equipped kitchen, dining and lounge areas.
- Spa pool for relaxation at day’s end.
The basic fee is $120 per room per night 1 or 2 persons maximum. Concession rates available for couples.
Packages may offer transfers to and from the Timber Trail, bike hire plus full meal service including cut lunches for cyclists. Click on book now to find out more information about our packages.