Perfectly located to ride both the Timber and Waikato River Trails
Set in three acres of parklike grounds, That Dam Lodge is situated up-stream from the Whakamaru hydro-electric dam of Lake Whakamaru, on the scenic Waikato River, in the heart of the North Island.
- 12 double rooms plus a 3-bedroom self-contained cottage
- Ideal for families and groups – sleeps up to 30 guests
- Bring your own food or let us cater for you
- Large kitchen and dining room
- Ideal holiday location with tranquility and solitude
- Abundant trout fishing, bushwalks, mountain biking, running, canoeing & windsurfing
- Just a short drive to Whakamaru Water Ski Club and boat ramp
- Plenty of boat parking
- Lock-up sheds available for long or shor-term use
We can also arrange activities for you; just let us know what you want to do!
That Dam Lodge is an ideal holiday location with safe water for children, tranquility and solitude for those wanting to escape the pressures of urban living. The area boasts abundant trout fishing, bushwalks, mountain biking, running, canoeing, windsurfing, and one of the best water skiing lakes in New Zealand.
Let us organise your Timber Trail experience. We work with Blue Tui Shuttles and other shuttle providers to organise transfers to and from the Timber Trail. We are located just 30 minutes from the trail-head.
Pureora Forest Park
Pureora Forest Park straddles the Hauhungaroa and Rangitoto Ranges between Lake Taupo and TeKuiti. It is a hidden wonderland of tall trees, clear rivers and rare wildlife. There are many Walking and Mountain bike trails, the park is only 30 minutes drive from That Dam Lodge.