Riding the Tour Aotearoa in 2020
We're cyclists just like you. We congratulate you on taking on the Tour Aotearoa (and Kopiko Aotearoa) - and wish you all the best on an incredible odyssey.
Riding through remote areas such as the Waitomo and Ruapehu areas means that getting the essentials like a cold drink, food or a hot shower can be challenging. So our operators have got together to offer a couple of extras to help your journey.
Please note: Most of the accommodation in the area may be fully booked - so our advice is if you can plan ahead and book on trail accommodation in advance then you are more likely to secure a bed. (and happy pedalling)
Shower, sustenance and a break
The Camp Epic team, just after the 40km mark, are doing their best to support riders. Look out for the Timber Trail Gazebo
- Stop for a shower $5 (best shower in NZ?)
- A shower and a snack plus drink $15
- Pitch your own tent, enjoy the facilities and a basic breakfast. (We'll provide the cereal, eggs and toast for you to prepare) $30
- Enjoy an overnight stay in a fully made up bed including breakfast $60-
- Optional extra - Dinner (something simple and hearty)
Numbers may be limited on Saturday nights. We are already fully booked most Saturday nights and it may get a bit crowded. Book ahead if possible.
At the Southern end of the Trail at Bennett Rd, Epic will have cold drinks, a bike wash and a bike workshop to assist with any mechanical issues.
Freshen up with a Shower and a cold drink
If you've made it through the trail and want a nice shower and a cold drink before heading South. Pop in an say Hi! to the team at Timber Trail Shuttles. (around 3kms from Bennett Road campsite)
- Showers $5
- Drinks as appropriate
- Full bike repair station
- Onsite camping may be available (TBC)